Established in SharePoint
First of all, Gaztek was established in 2015. The aim is simple. To provide IT consultancy and services, and specifically SharePoint and Office 365. This is to a wide range of organisations in both the Enterprise and SME markets.
Gaztek Ltd. has an acute awareness of the benefits that IT can deliver. Offering real value to any business, big or small. I provide the most cost effective and streamlined service possible.
Experience with SharePoint
I have over 25 years combined Military and Professional experience in IT. I have specialised in SharePoint since 2012. Not only that, but Office 365 since 2014. I deliver on time to ensure timely completion of projects within a variety of budgets.
My overheads are relatively low. The result of this is that I can pass on those savings to my clients. Consequently, my rates are kept at competitive levels.
Especially relevant is my experience of:
- SharePoint; (including 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, SharePoint online).
- Office 365 (At the Enterprise/SME level).
- ShareGate (SharePoint Migration Software).
- SQL Server (2005, 2008R2, 2012, 2014).
- Microsoft CRM (going back to CRM 1.0, CRM 4, and 2011).
- Windows Server (going back to Windows NT and current with 2012 and 2016), Small Business Server (SBS and Windows Essentials).
- WordPress (I created this site in it).
- Virtualisation (VM Ware, Hyper V)
- PowerShell (including online) plus much, much more.
30 successful Microsoft exams attained and currently MCSE SharePoint 2013 status.
Clients have included Hewlett Packard Enterprise (local government accounts), British Red Cross, Nationwide, Eddie Stobart, Hiscox, British Heart Foundation and many more.
I am based in the South West of the UK, but the benefits of technology now allow me to work and collaborate with clients anywhere. Also, I combine a diligent and hard working attitude to get the very best out of your commitment to IT. Therefore, you can be assured of a straightforward approach. Straightforward and cost effective.
September 2015 – Date – Gaztek Ltd.
SharePoint Online Migration Consultant – British Heart Foundation:
- Successful migration of approximately 60 sites, (1.5 TB of files), from SharePoint 2010 on premises to O365 (SharePoint Online), using ShareGate migration tool.
- Liaised with both site owners and project managers to conclude migrations on time and within budget.
- Experienced in permissions setting, advising Site Owners in site structure, site permissions, breaking or inheriting permissions as appropriate.
- Mapped metadata (sometimes complex) during the migrations.
- WordPress experience (www.lhs3.uk, www.fivestars.co.uk) and experience with Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom for image manipulation.
- Agile methodologies followed with project management.
SharePoint Consultant with Scottish based Microsoft partner, key involvement including:
- Various SharePoint migrations for the SME market, utilising 3rd party software, end to end delivery, direct liaison with clients, liaison with Technical lead for delivery.
- Configuration of external user process, including Azure AD.
- Advising on group security, streamlining of SharePoint online groups.
- Created intranet, including advising on use of document libraries, SharePoint Workflow using SharePoint designer, InfoPath forms, Site Features, Custom Content Types, Access App for complicated form delivery.
- Strong IT support and end user liaison.
- One Drive for Business Migrations.
- Taking ownership of projects and support issues where appropriate.
Assigned to Hewlett Packard Enterprise account focused on government and health authority platforms. Resulted in me supporting in excess of 40 servers and more than 120,000 users.
- Enhanced operations through implementation of ULS viewer covering entire farm. Creation of administration template (Excel), identification of potential issues. Preparation and rollout of PowerShell cmdlets for SharePoint. As well as application of technical questionnaire for engineer staffing.
- Facilitated infrastructure restoration through identification of SQL Server downtime within pre-production farm.
- Completed diagnosis and resolution of SharePoint 2010 workflow issues. SQL log file disk space provision. Enterprise search failures (SP 2013 farm), server downtime, and accounts inaccessibility.
- Effectively restored SP site collection following erroneous deletion – using PowerShell cmdlet.
- Restored access following complete lockout for all users on default.aspx page.
- Creation of SharePoint farm for content migration using Metalogix Content Matrix.
April 2014 – September 2015
(SharePoint and Office 365 Administrator – British Red Cross)
Selected to support revamping and provide expert administration of SharePoint platform. This encompassed complete evaluation of 32 disparate servers in order to align service packs and cumulative updates. Fully documented farms, solutions, and databases. Provided second / third-line support and troubleshooting.
- Collaborated with BRC’s project teams in new site implementations to address the needs of organisation.
- Pioneered creation and documentation of disaster recovery plan for the SharePoint Estate.
- Completed migration of various sites from SP 2007 to SP2010 and Office 365 using ShareGate (Office 365 & SharePoint migration and management software).
- Delivered expert administration of Office 365 SharePoint tenancy.
- Provided SharePoint solutions implementation into environment via PowerShell, use of SharePoint Designer, general site administration, security, web application creation, SSL, DNS, site collection creation / administration, and within ITIL framework.
April 2013 – April 2014
(SharePoint/Infrastructure Consultant – ITCS Ltd)
Offered expert IT consulting services to a wide range of businesses across various sectors, Specialising in infrastructure projects, including – SharePoint 2010/2013, CRM 2011 / CRM 4, Server 2008R2, SQL Server 2012, Server 2012, and System Centre 2012.
- Achieved and maintained top levels of client satisfaction, always delivering IT solutions on time, within budget, and in alignment with corporate requirements.
- Collaborated in core services modernisation project, gathering and documenting requirements for major finance company. Managed SQL 2012 operations, including high-level design (High Availability DR / Groups). As well as uncovering opportunities for consolidating internal applications / databases, and recommending optimal Infrastructure configuration.
March 2012 – April 2013
(SharePoint/Infrastructure Consultant – IM Group Ltd)
Built IT infrastructure for projects encompassing SharePoint 2010 / 2013, CRM 2011, SQL 2008 R2, Server 2012, and System Centre 2012. Projects included:
- SQL 2008 R2 for large UK building society, including database capacity planning / documentation, infrastructure assessment, configuration improvements, and performance recommendations.
- CRM 2011 for major insurance company in London encompassing 2 Domain / 2 Forest and one Email router configuration, incorporating Exchange 2007 and full documentation.
- SQL 2008 R2 for financial company, assisting in migration of replicated databases, mirrored databases, and large Filestream partition from physical clustered to virtual (V Sphere) environment.
- SharePoint 2010 focused on premise-scripted installation (BI / Web Apps, scripted AD accounts and DNS A Records, scripted SQL server installation).
- SharePoint 2010 for engineering company, building and configuring standalone server farm for virtual environment prototype, including full BI stack and documentation.
- SQL 2008 R2 for haulage company, covering server farm move (SQL 2008 / documentation).
2009 – 2012 Career Break for OU Degree
Achieved – BA (Hons.) Humanities with Art History – Upper Second Class (2:1)
2002 – 2009 Owner CCS Ltd (Microsoft Gold Partner, Perth, Scotland)
CCS was my own company that I started in the back bedroom. I took the company to a Gold partner of Microsoft specialising in Small Business Server, Goldmine, SharePoint 2003/2007, plus DotNetNuke CMS websites and hosting. Scone Palace was amongst the illustrious list of clients that we supported. The company was subsequently sold, and in 2015 I had the hankering to build something again, hence the establishment of Gaztek.
1990 – 2002
I was a founder owner and Director of a company called The Mindwarp Pavilion in Dundee, Scotland. This was essentially online “mind-mapping” software and we partnered with the inventor of mind-mapping, Tony Buzan.
Prior to that, I was a Remote Software Distribution Technician with Ross Perot Systems working on the UBS account, utilising SMS software.
For the majority of the 1990s I was in the Royal Navy and I rose to the rank of Chief Petty Officer Communications Technician (Linguist). Consequently it was there that I first cut my teeth with IT and specifically Windows NT 4. I also gained a prestigious Herbert Lott award for services above and beyond the call of duty. Which was a result of me establishing the Royal Navy’s first Internet cafe for all ranks at HMS Drake in Plymouth.
To sum up, you have a safe pair of hands if you choose Gaztek!