Light Therapy Treatment for Psoriasis
Well, I have now started light therapy treatment for the dreaded P. So far, I have had 4 visits. Each one seems to have been very quick. I understand why they build it up though. As the weather has been amazing in Devon, I have been working a lot outside. But I have had to be careful and not to get too much exposure to the sun.
I thought I’d try to record the progress on just one particular area, and that is namely “Flock of Seagulls”, my left calf. I hope this will indicate the effect the treatment is having. Not a lot at the moment. However, there is improvement on my arms and midriff and back. But we’ll see next week on the leg. I’ll just focus on that for now.
I have previously mentioned about my initial problem with my important little place. I haven’t had any light treatment there, but I have been taking some supplements and I’ve changed my diet. Quite a lot of water has been consumed too. The P on my P has gone, and it is no longer painful. In fact, there is no pain there whatsoever – so something is working.
The supplements I have been taking are:
- 4 drops of cannabis oil (CBD)
- 1 teaspoon per day of sea buckthorn oil
- Probiotics – Lactobacillus Rhamnosus and Lactobacillus acidophilus (1 of)
- Omega 3 fish oil (2 of)
- Ginseng (1 of)
- Turmeric (1 of)
- Garlic (1 of)
- Chlorella (2 of)
- I have also been using extra virgin coconut oil on my head, and the plaques have all but disappeared.
I am also taking the following for diabetes each day:
I think it is a good idea to collate what is deemed to be bad and good for P. This is as follows, but is by no means exhaustive:
Bad for P
- Junk Food and being overweight (bad for most things to be fair, I struggle with my weight but am trying hard to shift some)
- Red meat – including sausage and bacon
- Dairy products and egg white
- Peppers, White potatoes, Eggplant, Tomatoes, Potatoes
- Grapefruit, Oranges, Lemons, Limes, plus juices, plus lemonade
- Pimento, Cinnamon, Curry, Vinegar, Mayo, Paprika, Tabasco Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Ketchup
- Fried food
- Unsaturated fats
Good for P
- Fruits and Veg, especially berries, cherries, blueberries and leafy greens, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, spinach, kale, avocado and broccoli
- Whole grain bread, cereal, beans and lentils
- Chicken or turkey
- Salmon, sardines, mackerel, tuna and other fish rich in Omega 3 fatty acids
- Antioxidant rich herbs and spices, like thyme, sage, cumin and ginger
- Heart healthy sources of fat, olive oil, seeds and nuts
For more information check out:
(Please let me know if you have any others you think are worthy of a mention).